All passengers are required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result at the time of check-in, taken within 72 hours of flight arrival time. The certificate must be from one of the approved laboratories with a QR code.
As of Sunday, December 26,2021. Travelers must present certificate showing a negative result from a PCR taken 48hrs to traveling.
Travelers must home quarantine for the duration of 10 days upon arrival, with the possibility of ending quarantine after receiving a negative PCR result taken at least 72hrs upon arrival.
Passengers who received two doses of unapproved vaccines (Sinopharm, Sinovac or Sputnik) must receive at least an additional dose of one of the accredited vaccines to enjoy the benefit of travelers in immune category.
Accredited covid-19 vaccines:
- Pfizer BioNTech vaccine (two doses)
- AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine (two doses)
- Moderna vaccine (two doses)
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine (one dose)
*Children under the age of 6 are exempt from the test.
Immunized non-Kuwaitis with approved vaccines in Kuwait:
All passengers who have received one of the accredited vaccines in Kuwait must complete the registration on Shlonik and Mosafer platforms after receiving the green status on Immune or Kuwait Mobile ID application prior to departure.
Passengers must hold valid residence or entry visa to enter the country.
Non- immunized residents:
Non-vaccinated residents under the age of 18 years who are outside the country, will be allowed a one-time entry into Kuwait provided they sign a pledge to get vaccinated upon arrival. Passengers will be required to complete Institutional or home quarantine for 7days upon arrival.
Immunized outside the State of Kuwait:
Passengers must carry vaccination certificate as proof of vaccination. The certificate must have the following details mentioned on it:
- Name matching to travel passport
- Type of vaccination received
- Dates of doses Taken
- Name of vaccine agency, clinic or authority
- Electronic Readable QR. If no QR code is available, then vaccination certificate must be uploaded through Ministry of Health website for authentication.
- Immune application should show green color status.
- Non-Kuwaitis must hold valid residence to enter state of Kuwait / Entry Visa
Proof of immunization:
Must show proof of immunization upon arrival into the state of Kuwait (through Immune or Kuwait- Mobile ID or Kuwait-Mosafer). All passengers below the age of 18 years are exempt from the vaccination but subject to two PCR tests after arrival registered through Kuwait Mosafer platform.
All passengers are required to home quarantine for 7 days from the date of arrival. Passengers can end quarantine by conducting a PCR test at their own expense.
Following category of passengers are exempt from the home quarantine:
- Diplomats, their family members (from any nationality), traveling together or alone, and their domestic workers (ID required)
- Kuwaiti patients sent abroad for medical treatment and their companions by presenting the letter issued by related Kuwaiti health office in the country of treatment.
According to Kuwait civil aviation authorities all of the following are suspended:
- (Kuwait-Mosafer) platform
- (Bilsalamah -domestic workers) platform
- (MUNA) accreditation system for issuance (PCR) test certificate from abroad laboratories